A coastline on the Indian Ocean, a mixture of landscapes from savannah to lakelands and mountain highlands, as well as views of Tanzania’s Mount Kilimanjaro, Kenya is breath-takingly diverse, and rich with wildlife. There are various National Parks offering thrilling game drives and fabulous safari experiences: from the popular Maasai Mara reserve, famous for its annual wildebeest migrations and large numbers of big cats, and the Lake Nakuru National Park, a veritable birdwatcher’s paradise with over 450 species to be found, to Aberdare National Park, a magnificent landscape featuring the Aberdare Mountain Ranges, waterfalls, valleys, forests and leopards, and the off-the-beaten-track Samburu National Park, home both to the Samburu people and rare species such as the Grevy’s zebra, gerenuk and reticulated giraffe.
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Nairobi
- Currency: Kenyan shilling
- Time Difference: Kenya is 2 hours AHEAD of BST, and 3 hours AHEAD of GMT
- Flight time: Just over 8 hours' direct to Nairobi
- Official language: Swahili and English
- Entry requirements: Visas are required for Kenya, which can either be obtained upon arrival at the airport, or prior to travel. It is more expedient to get a visa in advance, and single entry and transit visas can be applied for on the evisas website. You can also apply for these - and other types of visa - at the Kenya High Commission in London. For more information, see the website of the Kenya High Commission. Passports must have a minimum of six months' validity from date of entry, plus two blank pages.
- Vaccinations and Health: You should always ensure that you travel with adequate travel health insurance. For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/117/kenya. If vaccinations are required, it is generally advisable to arrange an appointment with a health professional four to six weeks before departure.
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.kenya
Our Kenya holidays are suitable for everyone, from solo travellers to families, whether you're looking for a safari adventure or a beach break. Take in the sun rise from a hot air balloon above the Masai Mara, enjoy the bird watching at Lake Nakuru or witness the famous annual Migration, and make your holiday to Kenya magical and memorable - just start by contacting us today!
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run travel agent, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!