From the peaks of the Atlas Mountains to vast desert dunes, walled medinas, bustling souks offering traditional ceramics and other goods, Morocco is a vibrantly diverse country, strongly influenced by Berber, European and Arabic cultures. Bordering both the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea, Morocco is blessed with miles of fantastic sandy-white beaches which attract surfers, sun-lovers and families. Fiercely proud of its unique combination of Berber, Arabic and European-influenced culture, Morocco holds various cultural festivals every year from a honey festival, to festivals where you can witness camel racing, regional dancing, fire-eating and more!
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Rabat
- Currency: Moroccan dirham
- Time Difference: As of 2018, Morocco permanently observes Daylight Saving Time, so that it no longer reverts an hour back to GMT on the last Sunday of October (with the exception during the month of Ramadan, when it observes Greenwich Mean Time). Therefore, while the UK observes Daylight Saving from the last Sunday of March to the last Sunday of October, there is no time difference between the UK and Morocco (except during the month of Ramadan, when Morocco is 1 hour BEHIND BST). While the UK observes GMT, Morocco is 1 hour AHEAD.
- Flight time: Direct flights are available to Fez (2 hours and 50 minutes), Casablanca (3 hours and 20 minutes), Marrakech (3 hours and 35 minutes), and Agadir (3 hours and 50 minutes)
- Official language: Arabic
- Entry requirements: Visas are not required for visits less than 3 months' duration, but ensure that the entry date is stamped on your passport. Passports must be valid for the proposed duration of your stay, however it is advisable to have a minimum of three months' validity from date of entry. You should also ensure that your passport is not damaged.
- Vaccinations and Health: You should always ensure that you travel with adequate travel health insurance. For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/154/morocco. If vaccinations are required, it is generally advisable to arrange an appointment with a health professional four to six weeks before departure.
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/morocco
Our Moroccan holidays range from foodie tours and small group tours to luxury resorts, but they each showcase the magic of Morocco and offer excellent value for money! To find your perfect holiday to Morocco, why not contact us today?
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run travel agent, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!