Ideal for pure rest and relaxation as a beach-lover’s paradise, Mozambique is blessed with a warm climate. Its coastline stretching out along the Indian Ocean, the beaches are pure sandy-white and lined with tropical coconut palms, its seas are glitteringly azure blue. Mozambique boasts world-class angling and is fantastic for scuba diving, or island-hopping to some truly tropical and outstandingly beautiful islands.
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Maputo
- Currency: Mozambican metical
- Time Difference: Mozambique is 1 hour AHEAD of BST, and 2 hours AHEAD of GMT
- Flight time: There are no direct flights, but connecting flights will take from 13 and a half hours
- Official language: Portuguese
- Entry requirements: Visas are required for Mozambique, and can be applied for at the High Commission of the Republic of Mozambique, 21 Fitzroy Square, London W1T 6EL, telephone: + 44 (0)20 7383 3800. Passports must have at least six months' validity from date of issue of visa, and at least two blank pages in the passport.
- Vaccinations and Health: You should always ensure that you travel with adequate travel health insurance. For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/155/mozambique. If vaccinations are required, it is generally advisable to arrange an appointment with a health professional four to six weeks before departure.
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/mozambique
Discover Mozambique's stunning beaches, just perfect for indulgent relaxation, and explore the crystal clear waters from our selection of luxury resort holidays, or have a southern African adventure, combining Mozambique with South Africa on a memorable small group tour. Call our friendly and dedicated travel agents for a tailormade travel experience.
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run travel agent, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!