This unique journey takes you from the awe-inspiring lengths of the Great Wall of China to the breath-taking heights of Mount Fuji, exploring two ancient empires and modern nations renowned for their eclectic mixture and contrasts of tradition and modernity. Hopping aboard trains and ferries, you'll experience the bustle and rich history of Beijing, the colonial buildings and skyscrapers of Shanghai, an unforgettable historical encounter with the iconic Terracotta Warriors, an immersive experience with Buddhist monks and a stay in a traditional ryokan, soaking up in an onsen, discovering the greatest treasures of China and Japan.
- Small group tour
- No single supplements*
- Walk along the iconic Great Wall of China
- Discover the sprawling UNESCO-listed Forbidden Palace and historic Tiananmen Square
- Visit the Terracotta Warriors, one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of the 20th century
- Admire the beauty of the Master of the Nets Garden in Suzhou
- Explore vibrant Shanghai, renowned for its mixture of colonial, traditional and ultra-modern buildings
- Watch a thrilling Chinese acrobat performance
- Discover Osaka's street food and nightlife
- Experience life as a Buddhist monk with an overnight stay in a mountain monastery
- Reflect on the meaning of peace at the Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum
- Explore Miyajima island and its famous floating torii gate
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Nijo Castle and gardens, and explore traditional Kyoto
- Enjoy a boat ride on Lake Ashino-ko
- Experience a traditional ryokan stay and onsen with a delicious kaiseki meal
- Overseas transportation
- Twelve nights' hotel accommodation, one night onboard a sleeper train, one night in a mountain monastery (shared facilities), one night in a traditional inn (shared facilities)
- Three breakfasts, one lunch, and two dinners
- Tours, excursions and activities, as described
- Services of an experienced local CEO (Chief Experience Officer)
- International flights are not included, but can be arranged by our travel specialists
- Days One and Two - Beijing, China
- Days three and four - Xi'an, China
- Day five - Suzhou, China
- Days six and seven - Shanghai, China
- Day Eight - to Osaka, Japan
- Day Nine - Koyasan, Japan
- Days Ten and Eleven - Hiroshima-Shi, Japan
- Days Twelve and Thirteen - Kyoto, Japan
- Day Fourteen - Hakone, Japan
- Days Fifteen and Sixteen - Tokyo, Japan
Various dates available
Contact one of our dedicated travel specialists today to enquire about this holiday
01234 819 699
Or pop in to our Bedford store to talk to us about this holiday face-to-face
*No single supplement - based on sharing accommodation with a member of the same sex. Please note that single room accommodation is not available on this itinerary.
**Itinerary is subject to change, as on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations.
+ Please note that some of the traditional Japanese inns used on this tour only offer shared bathing facilities. This means that individual shower stalls will not be available, instead several shower stations are available in an open, same-sex bathing area. Shared bathhouses and onsen (hot springs) are an essential part of Japan’s culture, traditionally serving as a place for men or women to gather, relax, and discuss the days happenings.
Great Wall of China
Forbidden City, Beijing
Terracotta Warriors, Xian
Koyasan, Oku-no-in cemetery path
Koyasan, Shojin-ryori dinner
Hiroshima Peace Park
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!