Welcome to the land of the thunder dragon, of mountains and monasteries, of Gross National Happiness. This ten-day tour takes you into the heart of Bhutan and, in partnership with National Geographic, you'll discover a wealth of Buddhist culture and climb magnificent heights to the iconic Taktsang Monastery, better known as Tiger's Nest.
- Small group tour
- No single supplement*
- Visit a local family in the Gangtey Valley for a cooking demonstration and traditional meal
- Meet a Buddhist monk and scholar
- Hike up to the iconic Tiger's Nest
- Arrival and departure transfer and transportation between destinations and included activities
- 9 nights' accommodation in hotels and lodges
- Meals: 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches, and 9 dinners
- Tours, excursions and activities, as described
- Interesting articles, helpful tips, and photography advice from National Geographic before you depart
- Services of experienced local CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, and local guides
International flights are not included, but can be arranged by our travel specialists
- Day One - Paro
- Days Two and Three - Punakha
- Days Four and Five - Gangtey Gonpa
- Day Six - Thimphu
- Day Seven - Haa Dzongkag
- Days Eight to Ten - Paro
Various dates available
Contact one of our dedicated travel specialists today to enquire about this holiday
01234 326 778
*No single supplement - based on sharing accommodation with a member of the same sex. However if you require or prefer a room of your own, please note that a small surcharge will apply
**Itinerary is subject to change, as on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations.
Taktsang Monastery (Tiger's Nest)
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run travel agent, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!