Experience a taste of Sarawak's stunning wildlife on this short but sweet tour, which is ideal for nature lovers. Starting from the dazzling city of Kuching, you'll soon be deep in nature as you trek through the wondrous Bako National Park, home to odd-looking proboscis monkeys and carnivorous pitcher plant, before immersing yourself in local life with a memorable overnight stay in an Iban Longhouse, where you'll be welcomed by Malaysia's indigenous peoples and learn how they live deep in the heart of the jungle. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to spot Borneo's famous 'Wild Men' at a visit to the Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre - so there's plenty of nature, wildlife, and local culture packed into this short tour!
- Small group tour
- No single supplements*
- Nature trek in Bako National Park
- Trading town and farm visit
- Blowpipe demonstration
- Forest hike and local lunch
- Enjoy an authentic local experience with an Iban Longhouse homestay
- Keep your eyes peeled for orangutans during a visit to Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- Overseas transfers and transportation
- Accommodation: 4 nights' hotel accommodation, and one night in a traditional longhouse
- Meals: 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 1 dinner
- Tours, excursions and activities, as described
- Services of an experienced local CEO (Chief Experience Officer)
- Day One - Arrival Day (Kuching)
- Day Two - Bako National Park
- Days Three and Four - Batang Ai
- Day Five - Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- Day Six - Tour Concludes
Various departures available
International flights are not included, but can be arranged by our travel specialists
Contact one of our dedicated travel specialists today to enquire about this holiday
01234 326 778
Or pop in to our Bedford store to talk to us about this holiday face-to-face
*No single supplement - based on sharing accommodation with a member of the same sex. However if you require or prefer a room of your own, please note that a small surcharge will apply
**Itinerary is subject to change, as on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations.
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!