Starting your journey in the bustling city of Beijing, you'll discover many of China's greatest treasures - the Forbidden City and the Great Wall of China, as well as Xi'an's Terracotta Warriors - before embarking on an unforgettably epic journey to the 'Roof of the World' along the highest railway on earth, ascending up to the mysterious and beautiful kingdom of Tibet, where you'll uncover its mystical landmarks and monasteries.
- Visit Beijing's many iconic landmarks: the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Walk along the Great Wall of China
- Visit the famous Terracotta Warriors and see the sights of Xi'An
- An overnight rail adventure on the highest railway in the world, boasting stunning changing scenery ascending to the Himalayan kingdom of Tibet
- Visit the revered Jokhang Temple and Sera Monastery
- A guided tour of Lhasa's highlights, including the Barkhor Circuit and Potala Palace
- Admire the magnificent beauty of Yamdrok Lake
- Discover the striking Palkor Chode Monastery
- Sightseeing tour of Shigatse, including Tashilhunpo Monastery and a visit to a local family
- Watch pandas up close at the Giant Panda Breeding Research Institute in Chengdu
- Scheduled international flights from London to Beijing and Chengdu to London (regional flights are available for a supplement)
- All internal flights, as described
- All rail and coach travel, as described
- 12 nights' hotel accommodation and one night onboard the overnight sleeper train to Tibet in 'Soft Sleeper' Class
- Thirty-three meals (13 breakfasts, 10 lunches, and 10 dinners including a traditional Peking duck dinner in Beijing)
- Tours and excursions, as described
- Services of a professional UK Tour Manager from start to finish
- Days One to Four - Beijing, China
- Days Five and Six - Xi'an, China
- Day Nine - Jokhang Temple and Sera Monastery
- Day Ten - The Barkhor Circuit and Potala Palace
- Day Eleven - Yamdrok Lake and Gyantse
- Day Twelve - Palkor Chode Monastery
- Day Thirteen - Shigatse sightseeing
- Day Fourteen - Chengdu, China
- Days Fifteen and Sixteen - To UK
2019 dates now available
Our travel specialists can help tailor this holiday to suit you, including any upgrades - just contact us today!
01234 326 778
Or why not pop into our Bedford shop?
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!