Find an intriguing combination of pristine beaches, tropical rainforests, misty tea plantations, laid-back islands, and bustling cities and colonial architecture in Malaysia. Foodies, beach bunnies, culture vultures, nature lovers and thrill seekers will each find something special here.
Its myriad of ethnicities and religions have created a wealth of fantastic food from Chinese-Malay ‘Nonya’ fare, Dayak specialities, Malay food stalls, Indian curries, and even Western-style food, Malaysia is ideal for foodies. Beach bunnies will head to the idyllic island of Langkawi for its palm-lined, white sand beaches, sapphire seas and coral fringes, or visit Penang’s sun-kissed beaches. Culture vultures are spoilt for choice, whether it be the remarkable Batu Caves, a revered Hindu shrine, and the site of an annual parade of millions of devotees performing ritual acts of self-mortifications for the spectacular Thaipusam festival, the mesmerising Kuda Kepang dances, ghazal music and devotional chanting to be witnessed in Johor, and the impressive mosques ranging from Labuan’s futuristic An’nur Jamek Mosque to one of Malaysia’s oldest mosques, the Tranquerah Mosque in Malacca.
Key Facts Before You Go
- Capital: Kuala Lumpur
- Currency: Malaysian ringgit
- Time Difference: Malaysia is 7 hours AHEAD of BST, and 8 hours AHEAD of GMT. Malaysia follows the same time throughout the year (no Daylight Saving Time).
- Flight Time: 12.5 hours flying direct to Kuala Lumpur
- Official Language: Malay
- Entry Requirements: Visas are not required for stays up to 90 days. Passports must have a minimum of six months' validity from date of entry.
- Vaccinations and Health: You should always ensure that you travel with adequate travel health insurance. For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/137/malaysia#Vaccine_recommendations. If vaccinations are required, it is generally advisable to arrange an appointment with a health professional four to six weeks before departure.
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/malaysia
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!