Experience an incredible rail adventure from Moscow to Beijing along the legendary Trans-Siberian Railway, travelling across the steppe and through Siberian taiga forest land, having a taste of Russian rural life by the beautiful Lake Baikal, cross over the Mongolian border where you'll discover a nomadic way of life, staying overnight in a ger, and travelling on the Trans-Mongolian Railway, cross another border into China, one of the world's most ancient countries and explore its sprawling capital, Beijing. The journey is just part of the adventure and, whether on board or off, you'll have experiences to remember for the rest of your life.
- Small group tour
- No single supplements*
- Explore Moscow
- Journeys on the great Trans-Siberian and Trans-Mongolian Railways
- Homestay experience in Listvyanka by the shores of Lake Baikal
- City tour of Irkutsk
- Stay in a Mongolian ger
- Explore Beijing and walk along the Great Wall of China
- Overseas transfers and transport during tour, including rail journeys on the Trans-Siberian and Trans-Mongolian Railways
- Seven nights' on sleeper trains, six nights' accommodation in guesthouses and hotels, and one night in a Mongolian ger
- Meals: four breakfasts, one lunch, two dinners
- Tours, excursions and activities: Irkutsk city tour, homestay experience, Great Wall entrance fees.
- Services of a local CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout (including local meal suggestions, language and border-crossing support), and local guides
International flights are not included, but can be arranged by our travel specialists
- Days One and Two - Moscow, Russia
- Days Three to Six - To Irkutsk, Russia
- Day Seven - Listvyanka, Russia
- Days Eight and Nine - To Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Day Ten - Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Day Eleven - Gorkhi Terelj National Park, Mongolia
- Day Twelve - Ulaanbaatar
- Days Thirteen and Fourteen - To Beijing, China
- Day Fifteen - Beijing, China
- Day Sixteen - Depart
Various dates available
Contact one of our dedicated travel specialists today to enquire about this holiday
01234 326 778
Or pop in to our Bedford store to talk to us about this holiday face-to-face
*No single supplement - based on sharing accommodation with a member of the same sex. However if you require or prefer a room of your own, please note that a small surcharge will apply
**Itinerary is subject to change, as on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations.
Lake Baikal, Russia
Mongolian ger stay
Great Wall of China
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!