Cosmopolitan cities, sun-kissed beaches, glaciers and geysers, Maori and horse racing cultures, and the stillness of Milford Sound; these are just some of the intriguing, memorable, fascinating and beautiful contrasts you'll discover on this tour of Australia and New Zealand, covering some of the most famous highlights of both countries, whilst at the same time enjoying exclusive and unique experiences to gain a deeper insight. Get closer to nature with a chance to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef or join a local specialist for a private wildlife encounter at Hartley's Crocodile Adventures or seeking out kiwis in Rainbow Springs Nature Reserve, enjoy the friendly hospitality of Lance and Bridgette O'Sullivan as they welcome you into their home, providing both a sumptuous country-style lunch and an unique insight into New Zealand's horse racing culture, and join a local surf lifesaver, and many more extraordinary moments that go beyond the typical tour.
- 'Dive into culture' sightseeing in Melbourne
- Join a local specialist for a private wildlife encounter at Hartley's Crocodile Adventures
- Catamaran cruise on the Great Barrier Reef with tropical buffet lunch
- Savour Sydney's iconic sights and an a la carte Regional Meal with a Captain Cook Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Guided sightseeing tour of the Sydney Opera House with a 'Local Specialist'
- Visit the Returned Servicemen's Club for a Regional Meal on Bondi Beach, and join a local surf lifesaver for an exclusive tour of Australia's oldest surf lifesaving club
- City tour of Auckland, including a cruise on Waitemata Harbour
- Visit Lance and Bridgette O'Sullivan's home to immerse yourself in New Zealand's horse racing culture, and enjoy a country-style lunch at the Red Barn on their farm
- 'Dive into Culture' and learn about Maori traditions at the Tamaki Family Marae, including a traditional Hangi Regional Meal and concert
- Join a 'Local Specialist' for an immersive nature walk at Rainbow Springs Nature Reserve, looking out for shy kiwis
- Discover the bubbling geysers, mud pools and thermal springs of Te Puia Thermal Reserve in Rotorua with a 'Local Specialist'
- Enjoy one of the world's most scenic rail journeys on a TranzAlpine train ride
- Watch a Local Specialist master carver at work during a visit to a jade factory in Hokitika
- Admire the impressive Franz Josef Glacier
- Visit historic Arrowtown, a former mining town during the Gold Rush
- Orientation tour of Queenstown
- Admire the majestic Milford Sound on an exclusive nature cruise, including lunch onboard
- Exclusive farewell dinner at the historic Boatshed, boasting spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables
- Sixteen nights' accommodation in cherry-picked hotels, all tried and tested
- Porterage, local tips and charges
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi, and other transportation (including domestic flights and rail)
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- Daily breakfast, plus four lunches and eight dinners
- Tours and excursions, as described
- Flights are not included, but can be arranged by our travel experts, who can tailor this holiday with a pre- or post-tour extension if you wish.
- Days One and Two - Melbourne, Australia
- Days Three to Five - Cairns, Australia
- Days Six to Eight - Sydney, Australia
- Days Nine and Ten - Auckland, New Zealand
- Days Eleven and Twelve - Rotorua, New Zealand
- Day Thirteen - Christchurch and Franz Josef, New Zealand
- Days Fourteen to Seventeen - Queenstown, New Zealand
Various dates available
Flights are not included, but can be arranged by our dedicated travel specialists.
Contact one of our dedicated travel specialists today to enquire about this holiday
01234 819 699
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!