Be enticed by Croatia's long, Adriatic coastlines, charming fishing ports, romantic castles, and historic cities oozing with culture. Encompassing an archipelago of over a thousand islands, Croatia is crossed by the Dinaric Alps, popular with skiiers.
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Zagreb
- Currency: Croatian kuna
- Time Difference: Croatia follows Central European Time, which is 1 hour AHEAD of the UK throughout the year. It currently observes Daylight Saving Time from the last Sunday of March to the last Sunday of October, but is due to decide by April 2020 whether it will permanently set its time to Central European Standard (1 hour AHEAD of GMT) or Central European Daylight Saving Time (2 hours AHEAD of GMT/1 hour ahead of BST).
- Flight time: There are direct flights from London to Zagreb (2 hours and 20 minutes) or Dubrovnik (2 hours and 50 minutes)
- Official language: Croatian
- Entry requirements: Visas are not required. As part of Europe, in the event of Brexit, please read here for information on changes to travel. Currently, no additional validity is required on your passport, but please also read our further information for changes following Brexit. Visits to Croatia within the previous 180 days before your date of travel will count against the 90-day limit. As Croatia is not within the Schengen area, visits to other EU countries will not count against this total.
- Vaccinations and Health: You should always ensure that you travel with adequate travel health insurance. For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/59/croatia#Vaccine_recommendations. If vaccinations are required, it is generally advisable to arrange an appointment with a health professional four to six weeks before departure.
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/croatia
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run travel agent, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!