Renowned as the 'Emerald Isle' for its landscape of rolling green hills, punctuated by romantic castles and ancient sites, Ireland is also famous for its charming and friendly people, for Guiness, and for folk music. Visit Ireland for its buzzing nightlife, its folk festivals, to gaze in awe at its rugged coastline, to unearth historic treasures in its ancient churches and abbeys, and more!
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Dublin
- Currency: Euro
- Time Difference: Ireland is in the same time zone as the UK, so there is no time difference. It also currently observes Daylight Saving Time at the same time as the UK (from the last Sunday of March to the last Sunday of October), but is due to decide by April 2020 whether it will permanently set its time to Western European Standard (remain the same time as GMT) or Western European Daylight Saving Time (1 hours AHEAD of GMT/maintain the same time as BST).
- Flight time: Flights take around 1 hour and 20 minutes to an hour and a half to various parts of Ireland.
- Official language: Irish and English
- Entry requirements: Visas are not required. As part of Europe and the Schengen area, in the event of Brexit, please read here for information on changes to travel. Currently, no additional validity is required on your passport, but please also read our further information for changes following Brexit.
- Vaccinations and Health: You should always ensure that you travel with adequate travel health insurance. For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/109/ireland#Vaccine_recommendations. If vaccinations are required, it is generally advisable to arrange an appointment with a health professional four to six weeks before departure.
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/ireland
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run travel agent, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!