A breath-taking beautiful archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, the Seychelles are a sun-kissed paradise for couples, honeymooners and families looking to enjoy stunning pristine beaches, sapphire blue seas, tropical flora and fauna, spectacular coral reefs, diving, nature reserves, colourful birdlife and rare wildlife such as giant Aldabra tortoises. Mahé island is home to the capital, Victoria, as well as the mountain rainforests of Morne Seychellois National Park and some of the Seychelles’ best beaches.
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Victoria (on the island of Mahe, the largest of the 115 islands of the Seychelles)
- Currency: Seychellois rupee
- Time Difference: 3 hours AHEAD of BST, and 4 hours AHEAD of GMT - Seychelles observes the same time throughout the year, without Daylight Saving Time
- Flight time: You can fly direct to Mahe in 10 hours and 15 minutes
- Official language: Seychellois creole (spoken by 95% of the population), English, and French
- Entry requirements: No visas are required. Your passport is only required to have validity for the proposed duration of your stay.
- Vaccinations and Health: You should always ensure that you travel with adequate travel health insurance. For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/194/Seychelles#Vaccine_recommendations. If vaccinations are required, it is generally advisable to arrange an appointment with a health professional four to six weeks before departure.
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/seychelles
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!