Renowned for its luxury shopping, ultramodern architecture, and lively nightlife, Dubai is an excitingly extravagant and captivating city to visit. Its skyscraper-filled skyline is dominated by the 830m-tall Burj Khalifa tower, while off-shore lie the man-made islands of Atlantis and the Palm boasting exclusive luxury resorts with water and marine-animal parks, popular with families, couples and honeymooners. Once you’ve shopped ‘til you’ve dropped, you can find some of the other attractions Dubai has to offer from 4x4 desert safaris, sandboarding, traditional souks, to exploring the restored heritage area, formerly known as the Bastakia Quarter, containing craft shops, cultural exhibits, art galleries and courtyard cafes along narrow walking lanes. Madinat Jumeirah is a recent addition, and is a contemporary interpretation of a traditional Arab village; at its heart lies Souk Madinat Jumeirah, palm-fringed waterways, gardens, desert-coloured hotels and villas, and enchantingly lit up at night.
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Dubai is part of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates
- Currency: UAE Dirham
- Time Difference: Dubai observes Gulf Standard Time throughout the year, which is 3 hours AHEAD of BST, and 4 hours AHEAD of GMT
- Flight time: 7 hours' direct
- Official language: Arabic
- Entry requirements: Visas are required, but can be obtained upon arrival, allowing for stays up to 30 days and terminated on day of departure. Your passport must have a minimum of six months' validity from date of entry (if you're only transitting the UAE, your passport must have a minimum of 3 months' validity from date of transit).
For information about medications you can bring into the UAE, please read more here.
Vaccinations and Health: For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/233/united-arab-emirates#Vaccine_recommendations
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/united-arab-emirates
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!