This Real Food Adventure uncovers secret traditions and flavours with a Jordanian shepherd over breakfast, inspires with the iconic archaeological site of Petra, and the wondrous landscapes of the Wadi Rum, whilst you meet Bedouin locals, sleep under the stars, and savour the smells and flavours of a freshly prepared barbecue cooked in the depths of the desert, and so much more, with memorable and immersive local experiences and Jordan's greatest attractions all packed into 6 days!
- Small group tour - no more than 12 guests!
- No single supplement!*
- Special welcome dinner at the Hashem Restaurant, a favourite of royals, diplomats and celebrities, with dessert at the Habibah Sweets shop
- Take a dip in the Dead Sea
- Join a local family for dinner, learning how to prepare a hearty meal of mansaf
- Learn about the local ways of life as you enjoy breakfast with a shepherd
- Explore Petra, one of the new 'Seven Wonders of the World'
- Admire the Seven Pillars of Wisdom and amazing landscapes of the Wadi Rum by jeep
- Overnight in a desert camp and tuck into a traditional zarb, or Bedouin barbecue
- Enjoy a Bedouin breakfast and a walking tour of Wadi Rum
- Learn to cook maqluba at the Beit Sitti cooking school, one of the most innovative in the Jordanian culinary scene
- Overseas transport on tour
- Accommodation: four nights' hotel accommodation, plus one night in a desert camp
- Meals: five breakfasts, two lunches, four dinners
- Tours and excursions, as described (optional activities may incur an extra charge)
- Flights are not included, but can be arranged by our travel specialists
- Day One - Amman
- Day Two - Madaba
- Day Three - Petra
- Day Four - Wadi Rum
- Days Five and Six - Amman
Please note that international flights are not included in this holiday, but can be arranged by our travel specialists, who can help tailor this holiday to suit you, including a pre- or post-tour extension to relax or explore further
Various departure dates are available
Contact one of our dedicated travel specialists today to enquire about this holiday
01234 819 699
Why not pop into our store on 24 Mill Street, Bedford, to find out more?
*No single supplement - based on sharing accommodation with a member of the same sex. However if you require or prefer a room of your own, please note that a small surcharge will apply
Bedouin cooking a zarb
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!