For an authentic Arabian experience set amongst stunning natural beauty encompassing rugged mountains, vast deserts, and the sparkling Arabian sea, head to Oman, a country which still proudly holds on to its traditions whilst looking to the future. Make the most of relaxing on the beaches, or enjoying desert safaris, camel-racing, deep-sea diving, turtle and bird watching, wadi-bashing, browsing through souks. Visit the dunes of Wahiba Sands, inhabited by Bedouins for a glimpse into a traditional way of life, and make sure you do not miss the traditional old capital city of Nizwa, surrounded by a thick palm oasis and overlooked by some of the country’s highest mountains, the historic fort and famous Nizwa Souk. While Muscat is the proud home of both the massive, contemporary Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque and the charming old waterfront Muttrah quarter, with its famous labyrinthine souk and bustling fish market.
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Muscat
- Currency: Omani rial
- Time Difference: Oman observes Gulf Standard Time throughout the year, and is 3 hours AHEAD of BST, and 4 hours AHEAD of GMT
- Flight time: 7 hours and 20 minutes to Muscat
- Official language: Arabic
- Entry requirements: A visa is required for Oman, and you can apply for an eVisa through the Royal Oman Police Portal. Your passport requires a minimum of six months' validity from date of entry.
- Vaccinations and Health: For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/170/oman#Vaccine_recommendations
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/oman
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!