A rugged, rainforested country with coastlines on both the Caribbean and Pacific, it’s no wonder that Costa Rica is famous for its beaches, volcanoes and immense biodiversity. A quarter of the country is covered in protected jungle, home to a rich abundance of wildlife including spider monkeys and quetzal birds, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers to explore. Its capital, San Jose, features cultural institutions like the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum and ornate Spanish colonial monuments and architecture.
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: San José
- Currency: Costa Rican colón
- Time Difference: 7 hours BEHIND BST, and 6 hours BEHIND GMT. Costa Rica does not observe Daylight Saving, remaining the same time throughout the year.
- Flight time: You can fly direct to San Jose in just over 11 and a half hours
- Official language: Spanish
- Entry requirements: No visa is required for stays up to 90 days. Your passport must have at least one day's validity from date of exit.
- Vaccinations and Health: For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/58/costa-rica#Vaccine_recommendations
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/costa-rica
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run travel agent, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!