Cadillacs and cigars, sun-kissed beaches and rolling mountains, salsa and rum, Havana and Hemingway…the colourful Caribbean island of Cuba boasts well-preserved Spanish colonial architecture in the heart of the 16th-century Old Havana, one of the best golf courses in the Caribbean, and a rich marine life ideal for diving. With the dance clubs and cabaret shows performed at the famous Tropicana, there’s a great nightlife too.
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Havana
- Currency: Cuban peso
- Time Difference: Cuba observes Daylight Saving from March to October/November, although the dates vary slightly. During Summer, Cuba is 4 hours BEHIND GMT, and during Winter it's 5 hours BEHIND GMT
- Flight time: Direct flights to Havana take around 10 hours.
- Official language: Spanish
- Entry requirements: Tourists need to get a tourist card before you travel, more information and advice about visas can be found from the Cuban Embassy. Your passport only needs to have validity for the proposed duration of your stay, additional validity is not required.
Health screening at entry ports has been strengthened, and you may be subjected to a medical examination if you show symptoms or a temperature or infectious disease (such as Zika), or have come in contact with a suspected carrier. In some cases, you may be referred for medical observation for up to 10 days.
- Vaccinations and Health: For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/60/cuba#Vaccine_recommendations
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cuba
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run travel agent, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!