Take the Alaska Railroad on a scenic journey in Deluxe Dome Service to Denali National Park, and seek out grizzly bear, moose caribou, and more on a guided wilderness tour, admire magnificent scenery in Valdez - the 'Switzerland of Alaska' - and enjoy a cruise on Prince William Sound, immerse yourself in the history of the Gold Rush int he Yukon, stepping back in time to the site of the first gold strike in Dawson City, enjoy ragtime music and can-can dancers from a bygone time at Diamond Tooth Gertie's on this Ultimate tour of Alaska and the Yukon, where you'll discover majestic scenery in abundance!
- Visit the Iditarod Headquarters, the home of the world-famous dogsled race.
- Scenic journey aboard the historic Alaska Railroad
- Exclusive presentation on Denali National Park by a local Naturalist and dinner at the Murie Science & Learning Center
- Guided wilderness tour of Denali National Park
- Lunch at the 49th State Brewery, sampling local specialties
- Learn about Athabascan Native culture during a cruise on the Chena and Tanana Rivers with a visit to a recreated Chena Indian Village
- Fairbanks City tour, including the University of Alaska-Fairbanks Museum and the Trans-Alaska Oil Pipeline
- Enjoy ragtime music, can-can girls, and an old-fashioned casino at Diamond Tooth Gertie's
- Visit the site of Claim #1, where the first gold strike was made in the Yukon
- Learn about the 'Bard of the Yukon' at the Robert Service Interpretive Center
- View giant Ice Age mammals at the Yukon Beringia Interpretive Centre and see the SS Klondike Riverboat during a city tour of Whitehorse
- Meet huskies and their trainers at the Mumtuk Adventures, Whitehorse's premier dogsled facility
- Enjoy a special Taste of Yukon dinner
- Visit Tok, the 'Dog Sled Capital of the World'
- Admire the beautiful Thompson Pass, Worthington Glacier and Bridal Veil Falls on a scenic journey to Valdez, the 'Switzerland of Alaska'
- Visit the unique Valdez Museum
- Cruise on the Prince William Sound, observe wildlife and birds, and get a closer look at the Trans-Alaska Pipeline Terminal
- VIP private home pick-up service*
- Overseas transfers
- Services of a tour director
- Tours and excursions, as described**
- Twelve nights' hotel accommodation
- Eleven breakfasts, three lunches, and three dinners
- All airport taxes
- Day One - Anchorage
- Day Two - Wasilla, Talkeetina, Alaska Railroad, and Denali National Park
- Day Three - Denali National Park
- Day Four - Denali National Park and Fairbanks
- Day Five - Fairbanks
- Days Six to Eight - Dawson City
- Day Nine - Whitehorse
- Day Ten - Tok
- Day Eleven - Valdez
- Day Twelve - Whittier and Anchorage
- Days Thirteen and Fourteen - To UK
Various 2019 departures
Contact one of our dedicated travel specialists today to enquire about this holiday
01234 819 699
Or visit us in our Bedford shop to find out more
*VIP Home Chauffeur service is applicable if you live within 50 miles of your chosen international airport, port or station. If you live further than 50 miles by road from your departure point, you can still take advantage of this service by paying for the excess mileage at £1.70 per car, per mile.
**Please note that optional excursions or tours are NOT included
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!