A country for spa-lovers, adventurers, party-goers, history buffs, and nature-lovers; Iceland’s dramatic volcanic landscapes of hot springs, magnificent waterfalls, powerful geysers, beautiful glaciers, and black-sand beaches are fabulous spectacles to behold, as well as great natural sources for indulgent spa breaks! Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik, is a popular hotbed for fabulous nightlife, and offers fascinating Viking history museums by day. Adventure lovers head to the glaciers in Vatnajökull and Snæfellsnes National Parks for great opportunities for ice climbing, hiking and snowmobiling.
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Reykjavik
- Currency: Icelandic króna
- Time Difference: 1 hour BEHIND BST, and the same time as GMT - Iceland observes Greenwich Mean Time throughout the year, without Daylight Saving
- Flight time: 2 hours and 50 minutes (direct)
- Official language: Icelandic
- Entry requirements: Visas are not required to enter Iceland. As part of Europe, in the event of Brexit, please read here for information on changes to travel. Currently, no additional validity is required on your passport, but please also read our further information for changes following Brexit.
- Vaccinations and Health: You should always ensure that you travel with adequate travel health insurance. For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/104/iceland#Vaccine_recommendations. If vaccinations are required, it is generally advisable to arrange an appointment with a health professional four to six weeks before departure.
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/iceland
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run travel agent, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!