Birthplace of the passionate tango, Argentina is also well-known for steak and football. The grand, 16th-century Plaza de Mayo is at the heart of the big, cosmopolitan capital of Buenos Aires, and features elegant stately buildings, most notably the iconic, balconied presidential palace, Casa Rosada. A massive country, Argentina encompasses Andes mountains, glacial lakes, worldclass vineyards, Pampas grassland, and Patagonian wilderness.
KEY FACTS BEFORE YOU GO:
- Capital: Buenos Aires
- Currency: Argentina peso
- Time Difference: 4 hours BEHIND BST and 3 hours BEHIND GMT. Argentina does not observe Daylight Saving Time, meaning that Argentina has the time zone throughout the year (Argentina Standard Time or ART).
- Flight time: 13 hours and 45 minutes to Buenos Aires (direct)
- Official language: Spanish
- Entry requirements: Visas are not required for tourists for stays up to 90 days. Passports must be valid throughout the duration of your stay, no additional validity is required beyond your stay.
- Vaccinations: For up-to-date information, please check this website (as recommended by the Foreign Office): https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country/11/argentina#Vaccine_recommendations
General information on travel vaccinations can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/
To find out more, and for the most up-to-date advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/argentina
SELECT TRAVEL HOLIDAYS - BEDFORD'S ONLY AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL AGENCY
Independent and family-run travel agent, with a dedicated team of travel specialists with decades of experience, at Select Travel Holidays, you can be assured of first-class customer service and making your dream holiday a reality.
Let our website inspire you, give us a call, or pop in to our shop on Mill Street, Bedford, where you'll be greeted with a friendly smile, and our travel specialists will take care of all the details of your next holiday, so all you have to do is enjoy exploring the world! Whether an all-inclusive luxury resort, an epic rail adventure, or a small group tour, and everything in between, we're here to help you discover the world's most beautiful and exciting destinations - on land or at sea!