Terms and Conditions
Detailed below are our Agency Booking Conditions and Package Holiday (Tour Operator / Principal) Booking Conditions.
Agency Booking Conditions
These are the terms on which we will make a booking for your travel or holiday requirements. When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the principal(s) or other supplier(s) (e.g. tour operator/airline/cruise company/accommodation company) named on your receipt(s). We can book you a package holiday, in which case you will have one contract with the principal, or we can book the services that make up your holiday with different principals or suppliers, in which case you will have separate contracts with each of them. As agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the principal(s) or supplier(s) or for the services provided by them. The principal's or supplier's Terms & Conditions will apply to your booking and we advise you to read these carefully as they do contain important information about your booking. Please ask us for copies of these if you do not have them. Our Terms of Business are governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. All travel arrangements which we provide or which are sold through us are not an offer by us to sell any travel arrangements, but an invitation to you to make an offer to the suppliers of the arrangements. We are free to accept that offer on behalf of those suppliers or to reject it.
2. BOOKING DETAILS:
When a booking is made all details will be read back to you. Once you have confirmed these details we will proceed to confirm the booking with the principal(s) or supplier (s). Please check that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and advise us of any errors immediately. Any changes to these details will incur the charges stated below. Please ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport. The booking information that you provide to us will be passed on only to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements or other persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements. The information may therefore be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary and religious requirements. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you are travelling to the United States, the US Customs and Border Protection will receive this information for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. If you travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we will be unable to provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. Full details of our data protection policy are available upon request.
You will be required to pay a deposit or make full payment for your booking at the time of booking. Where you only pay a deposit you must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the principal(s) or supplier(s) who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their Terms and Conditions.
4. CANCELLATION and AMENDMENT:
Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received by us. If you cancel or amend your booking the principal(s) or supplier(s) may charge the cancellation or amendment charge shown in their Terms and Conditions (which may be 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements) and you must pay us the cancellation or amendment charge stated below.
Many principals/suppliers require you to take out travel insurance as a condition of booking with them. In any event, we strongly advise that you take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. If we have issued your policy please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (e.g. preâ€ existing medical conditions). Failure to disclose relevant information will affect your insurance.
6. FINANCIAL PROTECTION:
All the package and Flightâ€Plus holidays we sell come with protection for your money. If you buy a single travel service then this might not apply. Package holidays are protected by the package organiser and we will provide you with their confirmation. Our Flightâ€ Plus holidays are ATOLâ€ protected (our ATOL number is 0944). A Flightâ€Plus is where you purchase through us, at the same time or within a day of each other, a flight plus overseas accommodation and/or car hire from separate suppliers (i.e. not a package holiday). When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. On all Flight Plus holiday arrangements, your money is ATOL protected meaning that you will be able to continue with your holiday or receive a refund of the amount paid to us in the unlikely event of our insolvency or the insolvency of your service providers. Please note however that we have no liability beyond that for insolvency as set out in the ATOL scheme, because we act as agent of the suppliers. In respect of our Flightâ€Plus holidays, we are obliged to tell you: -We or the suppliers of the services you have bought will provide you with the services you have bought (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances, the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable). -If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the nonâ€provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be reâ€assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
7. DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTS:
All documents (e.g. invoices/tickets/Insurance policies) that require to be posted will be sent to you by First Class post. Once documents leave our offices we will not be responsible for their loss unless such loss is due to our negligence. If tickets or other documents need to be reissued all costs must be paid by you. You can ask for delivery by other means subject to the charges stated below.
8. PASSPORTS, VISAS AND HEALTH:
We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Neither we nor the principal(s) or supplier(s) accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. Please take special note that for all air travel within the British Isles, airlines require photographic identification of a specific type. Please ask us for full details. We can provide general information about any health formalities required for your trip but you should check with your own doctor for your specific circumstances.
9. FINAL TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS:
Please ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport. It may be necessary to reconfirm your flight with the airline prior to departure. Please ask us for details at least 72 hours before your outbound flight. You should take a note of any reference number or contact name when reconfirming. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund.
Because the contract(s) for your travel arrangements is between you and the principal(s) or supplier(s), any queries or concerns relating to the travel arrangements should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst on holiday, this must be reported to the principal/supplier or their local supplier or agent immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may be reduced or you may not receive any at all depending upon the circumstances. If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the principal/supplier. You will see the name and address plus contact details in any confirmation documents we send you. We will of course assist you with this if you wish â€ please contact Customer Services. If the matter cannot be resolved and it involves us or another ABTA Member then it can be referred to the arbitration scheme arranged by ABTA, see www.abta.com.
11. SERVICE CHARGES:
In certain circumstances we apply a service charge for the services we provide. We reserve the right to levy a charge per person that will be added to the principal's charge in relation, but not limited, to: booking amendments, special request after the booking has been confirmed, arranging passports and visas, preâ€booking airline seats after booking has been confirmed, tickets dispatched by courier, special or recorded delivery and tailor made itinerary planning services. Credit card charges are at 2% of the amount paid with Amex at 2.5%.
PACKAGE HOLIDAY BOOKING CONDITIONS
Your contract is with Cruise Select, a trading name of Fred. Olsen Travel Ltd, a member of ABTA, number Y4945.
1. Your Holiday Contract
When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
2. Your Financial Protection
We provide full financial protection for our package holidays.
2.1 For flight-based holidays this is through our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 0944. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where we aren’t able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
2.2 When you buy a package holiday that doesn’t include a flight, protection is provided by way of a bond held by ABTA. For further information please see www.abta.com.
We are a Member of ABTA. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you an arbitration scheme for the resolution of disputes arising out of this contract. The scheme is arranged by ABTA and administered independently. It is a simple and inexpensive method of arbitration on documents alone with restricted liability on you for costs. The upper limit on claims is £5,000 per person and £25,000 per booking form. The scheme doesn’t apply to claims which are solely in respect of physical injury or illness or their consequences. It can however deal with claims which include an element of minor injury or illness subject to a limit of £1,500 on the amount the arbitrator can award per person in respect of this element. Your request for arbitration must be received by ABTA within eighteen months of the date of return from holiday. For injury and illness claims, you can request the ABTA Mediation Procedure and we have the option to agree to mediation. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com.
4. Your Holiday Price
4.1 We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown in our brochure. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
4.2 When you make your booking you must pay a deposit advised at time of booking. The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid no later than the date shown on the confirmation invoice. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit and levy cancellation charges as detailed below. A charge of £25 per cheque will be levied for unpaid cheques.
4.3 Changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, duties, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports, and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However there will be no change within 30 days of your departure. We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that, plus an administration charge of £1 per person together with an amount to cover agents’ commission. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel you must do so within 14 days from the date on your final invoice. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
4.4 When you buy a flight-based holiday, all monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him on behalf and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust at all times. This is subject to the agent’s obligation to pay it to us for so long as we do not fail. If we fail, any money held at that time by the agent, or subsequently accepted from you by him, is and continues to be held on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation to pay that money to us. When you buy a holiday not including a flight, all monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him on our behalf at all times.
5. If You Change Your Booking
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of £25 per person (maximum £100 per reservation form), and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain travel arrangements (e.g. Apex/Airline Tickets) may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements. Any additional person added to a booking will be deemed to have accepted these Booking Conditions.
6. If You Cancel Your Holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows:
Period before departure Cancellation charge
in which you notify us (whichever is the greater)
More than 126 days Deposit only
125 – 90 days 50% of holiday cost or deposit
89 – 60 days 60% of holiday cost or deposit
59 – 16 days 75% of holiday cost or deposit
15 days or less 100% of holiday cost
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
7. If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
As we plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time.
7.1 Changes. If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In some cases we will also pay compensation (see below). These options don’t apply for minor changes. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers. Please note that carriers such as airlines used in the brochure may be subject to change.
7.2 Cancellation. We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 6 weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. We may cancel your holiday before this date if, e.g., the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached. If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). In some cases we will pay compensation (see below).
7.3 Insurance. If we cancel or make a major change and you accept a refund, we will consider an appropriate refund of your travel insurance premiums if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
7.4 Compensation. If we cancel or make a major change we will pay or arrange compensation as detailed below except where the major change or cancellation arises due to reasons of force majeure. The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
Period before departure Amount you will
in which we notify you receive from us
43 – 56 days £20 per person
29 – 42 days £30 per person
15 – 28 days £40 per person
00 – 14 days £50 per person
7.5 Force Majeure. We will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport.
7.6 Holidays terminated by us. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to terminate without notice the holiday arrangements of any passenger whose behaviour is such that it is in our opinion likely to cause distress, damage, danger or annoyance to our passengers, our employees or to any third party or to property. If you are prevented from travelling because, in the opinion of any passengers, you appear to be unfit to travel or likely to cause discomfort or disturbance to other passengers, our responsibility for your holiday ceases and we shall be under no obligation to pay any refund, compensation or costs to you. Please note that we have no control over the behaviour of other persons staying at or visiting your holiday accommodation and we are not responsible for any withdrawal or impairment of facilities or other loss or damage caused by them. Under no circumstances are you entitled to share or sub-let your accommodation with anyone other than those passengers shown on your booking.
We cannot accept any liability for any subsequent additional costs for any delays in your flight or other transport to or from the UK where the cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, re-scheduling times by the airline, the airline authorities and/or the action of the air traffic controllers, port authorities, mechanical breakdown, strike or industrial action or otherwise. However in certain circumstances, you may be able to make a claim under your insurance policy.
9. If You Have a Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) and our representative immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department at 67 Goldington Road, Bedford, MK40 3NB giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services as well as to our representative without delay and complete a report form whilst in resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract. Please also see clause 3 above on ABTA.
10. Our Liability to You
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of two times the cost of your travel arrangements. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to
(a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and
(b) Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions.
You can ask for copies of the transport contractual terms, or the international conventions, from us. Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at EU airports and available from airlines. However reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in clause 7. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline will be deducted.
NB this clause does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities whilst on holiday.
11. Prompt Assistance in resort
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
12. Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us.
It is mandatory that all passengers have sufficient travel insurance. Passengers without appropriate travel insurance will not be allowed to travel. We require full details of your travel insurance policy at least 45 days prior to departure or you will be deemed to be in breach of contract and will be unable to travel.
15. Data Protection Act 1984 & 1998
Information provided by you to us in connection with your booking(s) will be held by in the name of Fred. Olsen Travel Ltd, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998. It will be used to facilitate your requirements and requests. Cruise Select Ltd and its affiliates may use the information to provide you with details of their full range of services and products. Cruise Select does not sell or rent its lists of names and addresses to any other companies. If you are on our mailing list and do not wish to receive any future news from Cruise Select then please write to the Customer Data Department, Cruise Select Ltd, 24 Mill Street, Bedford, MK40 3HD. If you wish to obtain a copy of the personal information held about you, please write to the above address. Cruise Select Ltd reserves the right to make a small administration charge for supplying this information.
Select Guest Rewards - terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern all aspects of participation in the Select Guest Rewards Programme (the "Rewards Programme" or the "Programme"), effective as of the date set forth above, and supersede all prior versions of the Terms and Conditions as of such date.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a binding legal agreement in written or electronic form between you ("you," "your" "yourself" and/or "Member") and Select Travel Holidays Limited and its successors, subsidiaries, affiliates and family of brands ("Select Guest Rewards," ""we," "us" and/or "our").
1. Select Guest Rewards is offered by Select Travel Holidays Limited its successors and assigns.
2. These Terms and Conditions are subject to interpretation by Select Travel Holidays Limited in their sole discretion and are governed by English law.
3. Select Travel Holidays Limited may modify, alter, delete or add new terms and conditions for its Programme at any time without notice. This includes modifying, altering, adding or deleting reward values, redemption levels, conversion ratios, conditions for active status, conditions for membership in the programme. In addition, Select Guest Rewards may convert the Select Guest Rewards Programme and Members' rewards into different awards programmes having different reward values at any time without notice. This means, in the case of Select Guest Rewards, that the number of rewards needed may be increased, the time for earning them reduced, or the rewards changed, so you may not be able to obtain, earn or claim certain rewards no matter how long you participate in Select Guest Rewards. To view or obtain the most up to date Terms and Conditions for the Programme visit cruiseselect.co.uk or Select Guest Rewards Member Services at 01234 326758.
4. Select Travel Holidays Limited may terminate this Programme at any time upon six months' notice, without further obligation to the Member. This means in the case of Select Guest Rewards, that regardless of the amount of time you participate in the Programme, your right to accumulate additional Select Guest Rewards or other Programme currency and claim rewards under the Programme may be terminated and all accrued Select Guest Rewards in your account cancelled six months after termination of the Programme is announced.
5. Only individuals that are 18 years of age or older may enrol in the Programme (Members). Groups and other entities are not eligible. Members cannot maintain more than one account or share accounts.
6. Under Select Guest Rewards, Members can earn 1 Reward for each £1 spent on new "Qualified Travel Activities" booked through Select Travel Holidays Limited on becoming a Member. "Qualified Travel Activities" mean the travel component such as cruise fare, airfare, other transportation fare, hotel and lodging stay or car rental.
7. Non-qualifying travel components mean activities but not limited to those considered of a personal nature including gratuities; visa fees and administration fees.
8. Travel components not booked through Select Travel Holidays Limited including those activities made directly with travel partners which are not officially transferred to Select Travel Holidays Limited are not eligible for Select Guest Rewards. Day trips are also excluded and do not qualify for Select Guest Rewards.
9. Select Guest Rewards can only be redeemed against the total value of a new qualified travel booking made through Select Travel Holidays Limited on becoming a Member.
10. One Select Guest Reward is valued at 1p.
11. Select Travel Holidays Limited staff are to be made aware at the time of a booking that Select Guest Rewards are being redeemed against that booking.
12. Rewards will be deducted from the Member’s account at the time the redemption request is made.
13. Select Guest Rewards are not redeemable for cash or transferable.
14. All redemptions are final and rewards may not be returned for credit except as otherwise provided for on cancellation of a booking.
15. Select Guest Rewards are subject to certain conditions and limitations that are in effect at the time of redemption, which are incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions. Expiration may apply.
16. Members with the exception of "Recommend a Friend" promotion may not be able to combine rewards with other discounts or special offers. Please call Select Guest Rewards Member Services for further information.
17. Only Members can redeem rewards in their accounts.
18. Select Guest Rewards do not expire unless forfeited or cancelled due to membership inactivity or otherwise in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
19. Select Guest Rewards in a Member’s account do not constitute property of the Member, have no cash value, and cannot be transferred (except to a co-travel partner of a Member) during or after the Member’s life, by operation of law or otherwise.
20. All accrued rewards in a Member's Select Guest Rewards account will be cancelled or forfeited if the Member has no Account Activity for a period of thirty-six (36) consecutive months.
21. Account Activity is defined as any reward earning, redeeming or transfer activity involving a change in the Member's Select Guest Rewards balance, including but is not limited to the earning or redemption of rewards or the donation of rewards to charity.
22. Select Travel Holidays Limited at its option, may send to Members periodic statements by mail or electronically. Members may access their Select Guest Rewards balance and earning history at any time by calling Select Guest Rewards Member Services.
23. Select Guest Rewards will usually be posted to a Member’s account within two to four weeks after the activity through which they were earned. If the proper number of Select Guest Rewards is not posted to a Member's account, the Member must call Select Guest Rewards Member Services within 12 months of the earning activity for proper crediting.
24. In the event that any Select Guest Rewards are erroneously posted to a Member’s account, Select Travel Holidays Limited may have them removed from the Member’s account.
25. Fraud or abuse of the Programme by Members is subject to administrative and/or legal action by Select Travel Holidays Limited including, but not limited to in the case of Select Guest Rewards, termination of the Member’s account, forfeiture of all accrued Select Guest Rewards and/or cancellation of any previously issued rewards.
26. Select Travel Holidays Limited may terminate or suspend a Member’s Programme membership, including, but not limited to cancelling rewards in his/her account, if the Member fails to pay the bill of any travel activity.
27. Select Travel Holidays Limited and their affiliates make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any product or service provided by any other party, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Select Travel Holidays Limited and their affiliates will not be responsible for performance or failure to perform of any other party, or for any costs, damages, accident, delay, injury, loss, expense, or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of or a defect in any products or services of any other party.
28. Select Guest Rewards earned through the Programme may be subject to tax, which is the sole responsibility of the Member and will not qualify to earn additional Select Guest Rewards.
29. Participation in the Programme and/or the awarding and redemption of Select Guest Rewards are void where prohibited by law.
30. Members are responsible for communicating name and address change information to the Programme by contacting Select Guest Rewards Member Services.
33. Select Guest Rewards cannot be earned or redeemed against any Expedia bookings.
34. Select Guest Rewards cannot be redeemed against travel ancillary components, such as airport parking, transfers, or airport hotels, linked to bookings not made through Select Travel Holidays.
Any notice required or permitted under these Terms and Conditions shall be immediately effective upon posting them on cruiseselect.co.uk or any successor website for the programme.